Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

the thing about Jan 13

It has been 16 years...
it doesn't seem that long ago.

To be honest i don't want to think about it...

16 years ago was when my sister died due to cancer.
It was MLK weekend. i wasn't even home.
And i remember every detail.
i won't forget.


I don’t think of her often really, but I am thankful for her.
i have pictures of her up... it's kinda like we're just in different places ( i mean i am far from my family & friends and barely see them anyway)... but not really


As I think of Halle growing up and wrote Halle a note yesterday, I wish that Liz was here- that Halle would know her aunt. That Liz could have met her. That they would be able to receive love from one another… it is sad.

i love my sister. She impacted my life. We did give Halle Elizabeth her name as a middle name so she would know her aunt.
It still can be sad... 

But I am thankful for…
1. The years I got to spend with my sister – who loved me dearly
2.     That she is in heaven now, because Jesus loved her and God chose her an she trusted in Jesus
3.     The influence my sister had on me & others because of her faith – especially in midst of trials
4.     The influence my sister had on me & others because of her love & Service & life
5.     The influence my sister’s death had on me & others to live for eternal

I didn’t appreciate my sister very much while she was alive.
She was not perfect, but she was great.
She loved me, cared about me and was patient.
She gave her heart to others and sacrificed for them – especially me.
She had incredible faith in the Lord, wanting to serve her and love others. And especially in the midst of her cancer- she was still thinking of others, she still trusted God.

I am thankful…
6.     God is sovereign over death (and life)
7.     God uses all things to work good
8.     For Heaven, being with God & other loved ones( you know that friends are friends forever if the Lord is the Lord of them)
9.     Everything Liz’s cancer taught my family & I about our relationship with God, prayer, etc
10. That Liz loved me despite how selfish I was, how little I appreciated her, no matter how much I must have hurt her. She loved me.

Well… I hope she can see her niece… and hope she knows how much I love her and appreciate her now… and I look forward to seeing her again.

I really don’t want to think about it too much because it makes me sad… but I want to think of the hope, of her faith – and think she must be enjoying God right now… and that makes me glad.

Thank You lord for Liz, and for the real life she is now enjoying. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment