Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Values

After doing my chazown (see previous post) and looking over my life and some thought
i came up with these values


I value…
[edit]

most important: glorifying & honoring God & loving God & following Christ - and most specifically as known thru the Bible

1.     Knowing God
intimately
  and rightly
in ALL things

That is, I want to know God, I want to see God I want to experience God – in every circumstance, everything I read, everything I watch, everything I do – and in every conversation- I want to know God better, talk about God, see what God is doing.
Most importantly, I want to have intimate knowledge of God
And secondly, I want it to be truth

2.     True Community – that is Christ-centered, Authentic Community
that develops lasting friendships
 which are both deep and fun

Friendships should be places where we can share vulnerably, openly and honestly
I want to be some one who cares, and I want others around me to care too
I want conversations to be deep
And I want to share a lot of laughs and have a lot of fun
Friendships are very important to me & I believe Community is vital to growth and knowing God

3.     God’s Glory in the Nations
4.     Surrender to the Lordship of Christ
5.     Faith
6.     Prayer & Praise
7.     Ease
Let’s be honest here: I want life to be easy.
Esp in relationships
And I will choose the easy way to do things, always.
The previous values come first… so if it goes against God, if it deters true community, if it keeps me from knowing God, then…
8.     Helping others Grow
Really, the other values include that- esp #2… but also certainly #4… and when I say grow, I mean #1…& #2-4
9.     Inclusion & Empowerment (with Freedom to Fail)
This is what I needed, and what I want to give to others
I suppose this could be in #2 or in #6
10. Fun/joy/laughter
11. Remembering/Reflecting
12. Self-discovery & self-evaluation

No comments:

Post a Comment