Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My priorities


When people make their list of priorities, people often say God is their number 1 priority.
I don’t.

God is not my #1 priority...

because God isn’t something to be prioritized in life
 – He is life.

He is part of every aspect of life.
He is central to every aspect of life

Even to say my relationship with God is my number one priority- what does that mean?
Does that mean your quiet time?
Keep God #1 as in time doesn’t make sense because God should be central to everything you do.
I can’t say the same about my wife or kids. And shouldn’t say that about my ministry.

God ought permeate everything. Walking with God is in everything. Whether I am reading the Bible or watching tv. If I’m sharing my faith or talking with a friend.
God is not a priority, He is everything!

And thus what are my priorities?

Acknowledging God is in everything, and I walk with Christ moment by moment, I yield on the Spirit to lead me and guide me and I do everything for the glory of God- what are my priorities?
I hope to enjoy God & enjoy life, have fun, grow, etc

What needs to take highest priority in life? Which will yield to the next
In what ways can I most honor & glorify God? In what ways can I love God?

1.     Soo (my wife)
2.     My kids (right now just Halle)
3.     My team or community or church
a.     Co-leader
b.     Guys I’m discipling/coaching/training
c.      Other guys
4.     Spiritual disciplines/spiritual development activities/growing in understanding God’s Word
5.     The believers I minister to
6.     My best friends
7.     My relationship with non-Chirstians
8.     The other aspects of ministry
9.     Personal & Leadership development & growth
10. Physical health
11. My extended family
12. My other friends

Something like that... it can be a lil fluid... 

Oh Christ, be the center of my life
May i practice the presence of God in everything i do.
And may i keep the main things the main thing, prioritize appropriately, follow You, honor others, love well, glorify You.

No comments:

Post a Comment