Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

My chazown

While walking thru the bookstore i saw this book Cha-zown.... weired, but i took a look... and pretty interesting... actually it is stuff i love to talk about and teach on... determining your values and priorities and coming up with a mission statement... i didn't read the book, but i copied down the questions for self-reflection... then went to the website - and it's all there!

Are you trying to find your niche?
OR do you just like self-exploration?
Well, this may be pretty cool and/or fun to look at- as well as helpful

http://chazown.com

It's free

Interesting to me was the Spiritual gifts assessment... now i don't think all the gifts these tests say are gifts are Sp gifts- maybe they're talents or abilities... many are actually just position... and i don't know what to think of the supernatural gifts, but that is besides the point...


my top 5 from the test:
1. Faith
2.Wisdom
3. Missionary
4. Writing
5. Shepherding/Pastoring


I always thought shepherding, faith and then maybe exhortation/encouragment or teaching or giving or hospitality…. Nevr thought wisdom
But when I asked Soo
She said insight and exhortation…

Never would have thought wisdom…
I don’t think writing is an actual spiritual gift… and I don’t think missionary or pastor is a gift either- but a position… but that is for another time…


It also helped me think thru values as i looked over the big events of my life...

i also like strength finder, though you have to pay for that


And i've been reading the Me you want to be

And i'm asking people to help me with Johari Window
i did it a few years ago.
Help me out
http://kevan.org/johari?name=mmmmmookie

A lot of self-discovery... but hopefully not obsession with myself... Also working thru
"Doctrine" by Driscol and "For the Fame of God's Name" the recent book given to Piper...

No comments:

Post a Comment