Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

mook on breakfast (The thing about breakfast)


Dad is so great, he gives us chocolate cake…

I don’t understand breakfast rules.
You can eat waffles, pancakes, muffins, poptarts, cereal, breakfast bars… but cake? Cookies? You’re the worst person in the world.


The other day I saw cake sitting out, but I knew if I ate a piece, I’d never hear the end of it from my wife… if I waited 3 hours and ate it with lunch, I’d probably be ok….

Still, I love breakfast – it is the best meal of the day!
(Note: I didn’t see most important, though that may also be true).

It is the best, because it is the best tasting. I really should eat breakfast more often.
Some of my favorite all-time meals are breakfast
1.     waffles
2.     doughnuts
3.     bacon
4.     choc-chip pancakes
5.     sweet rolls
6.     biscuits & gravy
7.     cinnamon rolls (Cinnabonn)
8.     cinnamon bread
9.     pancakes & maple syrup
10. pancakes and strawberry syrup
11. bacon cheese egg biscuit
12. scrambled eggs with cheese & bacon


I love eating breakfast at all times of day. There is nothing more wonderful than eating a waffle in the evening… and I love going to dennys at 3am- it is special!

The question now becomes
How can I eat breakfast to the glory of God?

1.     Do I treasure the breakfast food more or God, the giver of the food more?
2.     Can I give Him thanks, and thank Him genuinely when I eat?
3.     Perhaps I can relish eat bite, and thus remind myself how God is more sweet than this.
Psalm 34:8 Taste and See that the Lord is good.
4.     Maybe I just need to recite verses about food
Your love is better than choice food
Man does not live on bread alone

While God is more important than food, I think He wants us to enjoy food.
Jesus did after all feed the 5,000. And not because He had to, or because it was expected of Him. He wanted to. He wanted to provide a feast.
And in Revelation when it talks of Heaven, it talks of it as being the feast of the bridegroom.

Yes, I can eat breakfast to the glory of God
Yes, Dad is great! Let's sing praises to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment