Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

The one in the morning


What do you think of when you wake up in the morning?

Here’s what I think of- likely in this order
1.     What time is it? Can I go back to sleep?
2.     Man, that was a crazy dream, what was I dreaming. (I want to change that dream, or I want to go back to that dream)
3.     What do I need to do today? (Or Man! I got a lot to do today). First I’ll do…this… then that…  - and I map out my day
4.     Then after considering all that I need to do, I say: “God, Help me!”
5.     I probably at that point realize I need to lean on God, ask Him what He wants me to do this day.
6.     Then I think “I’m hungry”
7.     Then I think “I have to pee”
And that’s when I usually get up.
Of course, I will notice my beautiful wife… either before all that or after all that.


May be a bit different for some of us, but our thoughts tend to drift this way.

We get caught up in our own little world.
We’re thinking of our own comforts.
We get caught up in our to do list and consumed by it.
We think about God, but quickly regress.
Our belly becomes our God. Our tasks & responsibilities and to-do list becomes our Master. Our desires & passions become our King.
We are wrapped up in our own little world. We miss out on God.

See this is a problem.
Because we are so wrapped up in our own little world, we miss the bigger picture.
We miss out on seeing the beauty and splendor and wonder and glory of God.
And we focus just on those things near to us, the things we can see. And we miss out on God’s goal for His glory throughout the whole world and God’s glory in the Nations.

Psalm 67, Psalm 96, Acts... the whole Bible really.

God’s focus is not you. His focus is His glory, His great & glorious glory that deserves to be recognized and honored.

Let’s take our eyes off ourselves and our limited world, and seek to bring glory to God in all nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment