Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

My highest calling


When Soo & I were about to get married, we met with the Main Pastor. We were having a nice time, til he said something about young couples these days. He said it was a shame how many men put their wives above their ministry.

I tried to understood what he meant… but maybe that is just what he meant…
I couldn’t believe it. I was dumbfounded really.

My wife & kids will always be my highest priority. They will be & are my most important relationships and my most important ministry.

As we follow Christ, there is no higher calling than to be a husband & father (wife/mother).

Of course, i am called to follow Christ above all things. And i do all to the glory of God. 
The first & most important way i do that is in how i lead & love my family.

Paul tells Timothy, first watch over your own family, then the flock.
IF an elder can’t lead his own home, how can he lead the church.

Simply, these are the people I spend the most time with and the people I can have the most influence on.

I don’t disciple my wife or kids. I do shepherd them & lead them though. I point them to Christ. I lead us in devotionals. I love them and I love on them. I make it my aim to reflect Christ

There is nothing more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment