Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

My need to blog

For the last month... maybe longer i've been saying to myself, and to Soo: i need to start blogging again.
It used to be want to start blogging, but i think it may be necessary for me.

Why I should blog again
1. Helps me process life
2. Helps me think more critically and gets my mind on important things
3. Makes me think more about living out a godly life
4. Creates conversation
5. Helps me keep in touch with friends back home
6. Takes my focus off myself and onto matters that matter to others as well
7. Encourages and challenges others
8. God uses it
9. It energizes me
10. I waste my time on things that don’t matter at all
11. Opportunity to make some lists again

Yes, i can journal... and i can talk to Soo... and there are a couple guys here... and i don't want to become dependant on the internet... i know it seems foolish to some... but i think it helps me a lot. And it is fun. It refreshes me.
Plus i miss having guys in my life, and perhaps friends close to my age, and people who think differently around me to stretch me.

i am hoping people will read... and comment... and discuss things...


Remember when so many people blogged? And we would comment? Now it is just twitter and facebook... a 5 second thought...

Why did we all stop?

Comments stopped coming. i think it shows the importance of feedback.
We may say that we should act regardless of how people respond, but feedback is necessary.
In blogs, and more importantly in life.

If i blog will people read? will people comment? will people care?

(i keep hearing this voice: if you blog, they will come... the people will come... ease his pain... stuff like that)

At this point i may start blogging even if no one reads...

but my hope in blogging is:
1. To Glorify God
2. to grow as a person
3. to encourage and challenge my readers
4. to build friendships


Has our society become to dependent on the internet and social networking?

Perhaps we have, but i think we can take advantage of the benefits... what do you think?


What should i write abut first?
1. my life
2. sports
3. Purdue sports
4. marriage/wedding
5. thoughts from God's Word
6. Harry Potter
7. LOST
8. books i'm reading
9. friendship issues
10. Asia
11. music
12. something else

Stay tuned... i hope you'll read... and comment (everyone wants comments, why be shy about it expressing it).

much love all

1 comment: