Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Our wedding playlist

i used to refer to it as a soundtrack, now it is a playlist

i always feel like music conveys so much emotion and meaning. And i think it is a big part of my life... so we picked out some meaningful and fun songs out


1. Canon in D
2. Be Thou my Vision ~ Ginny Owens (Processional)
3. Sing to the King ~ Passion
4. O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing ~ David Crowder band
5. Center ~ Charlie Hall
6. Beloved ~ Tenth Avenue North (Communion)
7. How Great is our God ~ Chris Tomlin
8. Stolen ~ dashboard Confessional (Recessional)
9. You make my dreams come true ~ Hall & Oates (entrance)
10. Can't help falling in love with you ~ Ingrid Michaelson (first dance)
11. All the Words ~ Kutless (slideshow)
12. You & Me ~ lifehouse (slideshow)
bonus
13. Forever ~ Chris Brown
14. Zhu Wo Jingbai Ni
15. How He loves us ~ David Crowder band


notes
• We wanted the wedding to be a worship service. We had 3 worship songs + one more after communion
• “Sing to the King” fit with passage we used from Revelation 19
• “O for a thousand tongues to sing” has become the title of our newsletter. We wanted a theme of the world for our wedding. Didn’t happen so much, but still, both Soo & I have huge passion for the nations to be reached for Christ
• “Center” is an amazing prayer and what we hope for our lives- that Christ would be center
• “Stolen” is one of my favorite songs, I love the rhythm and beat and everything… plus the whole emo/indie thing
• Our first dance song wasn’t that hard to choose. I’d often sing it to Soo… cuz we kinda quickly rushed into things- or at least moved faily quickly. And again using an Indie Artist like Ingrid was great
• “Beloved” was a song I really wanted and it was perfect for communion. I hope people saw the connection between Christ & the church to a marriage relationship. I know it helped me and helps me to understand His love. Plus Tenth Avenue North is one of our favorite bands!
• I probably could have picked several songs from the 500 days of summer soundtrack…
• How He loves us has been a theme for our marriage life…

No comments:

Post a Comment