Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

My Christmas wish list

It's the day before Christmas... did you get me what i wanted?


Living in America this year, I have become more aware of things I would like to have… or perhaps things I don’t have… or things I don’t have that others do have… or just how comfortable & entertaining life could be…

I find myself envious of others often.
And for perhaps the first time in my life I desire things.

I come home and I see the big screen tv in the apartment above us. I see cars drive by, much nicer than mine. We go to homes, that our homes:big, filled with fun things.

Or maybe it is all the advertising on tv… and online now too.

Sure, I’d love a nice big flat-screen tv… HD… y’know I’d probably settle for a tv with a remote that worked… and cable.

But I don’t really need cable… and we won’t be here long enough to justify buying a new tv (The tv we have was donated to us).

So, what do I actually really want?

1.     A cord for our digital frame (or maybe just a enw one, might be just as cheap)
2.     A nice robe
(I know… but I can’t walk around with my blanket anymore… maybe a snuggie would be ok, but it seems so commercial)
3.     Photo calendar
4.     Corduroy pants. (brown preferably… maybe black or tan)
5.     Chuck
6.     Scrubs season 6
7.     Seinfeld Season 3
8.     A X-box Kinnect or a PS3 or a wii – I think in that order… though not sure if I really want it
9.     New jeans
10. Books
a.     Coming Back Stronger
b.     Sacred Parenting
c.      It all goes Back in the Box
d.     Grace-based Parenting
e.     Ancient Words, changing worlds
11. Photo book/mug/etc
12. Family ties seasons 1-4?

Of course I may rather take
1.     Soo to be happy, encouraged & rested
2.     someone to baby-sit so I can take Soo out on a date
3.     time alone to read & write
4.     opportunity to go to Indy or Chicago to get some good food
5.     a Purdue championship
6.     be able to get all my pictures off my old computers… and be able to print them off
Some of my friends make all their gifts... i think that may be the way to go. Especially getting gifts for a spouse, when you share the same bank account... and it is much more meaningful than giving a check... 
and gift- buying is so complicated... who do i buy for? if i buy something for someone and they don't get anything for me, they feel guilty- or at least i do when someone does for me... then it becomes about obligation...

Reality is though, i do like buying gifts for others... i just like getting good deals... and i want to get the perfect gift... which makes it stressful...

Our first Christmas as a family - i want it to be a good one... we'll see how it turns out.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. All i got for Christmas was a tie & another outfit and a check.
    $300.
    i bought Chuck Season 3: $15
    cords & jeans: $35
    some music: $16
    a couple kindle books..

    ReplyDelete