Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My wish list

My birthday is coming up.
Soo keeps asking me what I want. I really don’t want anything.
What do I need? I have it.
What do I want? Nothing really...

Well, I want is this.

1. a healthy wife & kid

2. a long time to spend with God (a healthy relationship with God)

3. a long time to write… and maybe correlate some of my writing

4. food I like to eat

5. a healthy body- to lose like 20-30 lbs. And add some muscle mass

6. Purdue Men’s basketball to win the National Championship in March(April)

7. Fun time with friends

8. Support to all come in soon, so I can have my sabbatical

9. Opportunities to make friends with non-Christians here and to share the Gospel

10. Opportunities to disciple and challenge some people

11. Campus funds

12. People to read stuff I write

I guess there are a few actual things

1. Some photo frames and printed pictures

2. I guess some music
    Tenth Ave North
    Jars of Clay last CD and one coming out soon
    Sanctus Real
    Jon Foreman
    Mat Kearney

3. Tickets & time to go to some Purdue games (basketball and football)

4. A chord for our digital frame

5. Gift-cards for some resturants
    Weber Grill
    AppleBees (I guess)
    Skyline Chilli
    Outback
    Jamba juice

6. A massage - actually one of those massagers- a nice one... this may be #1

7. Some books (but I plan on buying them anyway)
     (Radical, The Me you want to be, It All goes back in the box, The hole in our Gospel, Shepherding a Child's heart, Grace-based Parenting, My wife thinks I'm an Idiot, His Needs Her Needs, A million miles in a thousand years, Coming Back Stronger)

8. Maybe the PS3 with the PS Move – but really? I don’t know

9. A King-size bed. (but we’re only here a few months and I can’t take that with me to Asia)

i used to want a ping-pong table or air hockey table, but not really anymore...

i have what i want. A wife, children on the way, a puppy, good friends, espn, a computer, books, music, dvds, games.

i guess i'm becoming like my parents who say they don't need anything. It's true what do i need?

Sure, it would be nice to own a Lexus. An i-phone, i-pad would be cool. A PS3 might be fun, but not necessary. And someday i would love to be a home-owner (but i don't know if i ever see the Lord having me in one place for a time in a place i could buy a home, so...
 You really don't need to get me something that nice or expensive. i probably don't need it, and might not use it. Some may want to get me something because they like it, but that's ok.


i guess i'd ask for more time.
i'm certainly asking for good health for my family.
And i want to know, enjoy & glorify God.
What else is there?

 
If you want to do something for my birthday... write me an encouraging note, comment on my blogs, pray for me.

And if you want to support me or buy me a massager... i guess that would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment