Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

My favorite birthday memories

Well, it was a great birthday, my first in the states in years... and first where people weren't required to come to my party... 56 people posted birthday messages on my wall (After the first few wrote matt, almost everyone wrote mookie)... got to see a bunch of friends over the weekend... it was great.

Though, i kinda feel like people forgot it was my birthday... not much singing these days (sideways glance)... not many phone-calls this year... actually only my parents... still it was a great day and birthday calls are kind of hard, so the next few days- that would be great.

This may go in my top 5 birthday memories. There wasn't much flashy, but it was relaxing, fun and encouraging. And it was my first with Soo as my wife, my first as a married man that is - and she's great.

We had a bunch of people over Saturday morning and Soo & my mom made doughnuts and some other stuff for breakfast. Then we had dinner with a couple friends (Brack & Marc) at the Weber Grill tonight. So, that was good.
i got a bunch of free stuff, which makes me happy.
i didn't get to spend the huge chunk of time at starbucks like i wanted, but did watch some football, and now going to spend some time with God... and went to church this morning.

So, best birthday memories?


My best bday memories
1.     2008: Serving others, time of sharing & worship, fun with a group, good convos… (i wrote about it in yesterday's blog, so i won't repeat myself)
2.     2001? UofM: Will threw me a surprise party (always great, always special), 3 birthday cakes (mom got me one, I took to Bible study, the girls across the street made one too… and another?) – or at least 3 parties, a good day of ministry: surveys, Bible study, discipleship even, lots of love and birthday wishes
3.     many growing up as a kid: we played baseball, football and basketball… went mini-golfing, and had pizza & video games at celebration station, all my friends spent the night… and I think doughnuts in the morning. God wasn’t involved here, but it was fun
4.     my 30th bday: maybe just b/c I was turning 30… got some encouragement from lots of people and some creative gifts and a big party…. And a cake in the face

There have been a lot of sad birthdays and a number of average ones. This was a good one.
Thankful for good friends, loving family and of course my amazing wife. God has blessed me. My life has been good. And the Lord is good to me.

Thanks all!

No comments:

Post a Comment