Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My family-friendly job

How do people do it?
How do married couples with 9-5 jobs make their marriage work?
How do pregnant couples survive?
How does a pregnant woman work?

i am so glad that my bosses are more concerned about my marriage and family than my production.

And i am so glad that i don't have a 9-5 office job that has an hour commute.

Pretty much everything i do and Soo does- is at home.
i take class at home, so my teacher comes here, i don't even have to leave for that.
We have some meetings elsewhere, but since we work together- we go to those meetings together.

i am rarely apart from Soo. So, if she gets sick, i can be there with her. IF she needs me to get something for her, i can get it. When she is throwing up, i am standing right next to her.

i don't know how others do it.

i would hate being away from Soo when she is feeling sick - which is every day.
i would hate for her to suffer alone.


Perhaps if her schedule wasn't so flexible, she would be busier, and not think about how sick she is. But i'm thankful for our flexability.
i am glad i have flexability, so if i need to take care of Soo in the middle of the afternoon, i can. And then later in the evening, i can do the work i need to do.

Sometimes i feel guilty for how much i am home, and how some balls got dropped.
But i would much rather invest in my marriage than in my ministry.
i believe Soo (and the baby) is God's #1 priority for me.

We are glad God called us to this field. When we have the baby, i will use all my vacation days and paternal leave- and basically have two months to just help take care of the baby.
i don't know how the rest of you do it. i'll send you my prayers... even with the time, we still need God. No way we do this without Him!

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are working out, as much as things can work out while Soo is sick. Work at home becomes an oxymoron after you have kids though. Once kids are in the house, you'll have to leave to get any work done.

    ReplyDelete