Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My story of Soo

Some thought it would never happen; others may even say it could never happen. But with God, all things are possible!

I went on my first date with Soo on December 20 2008.

A couple on my team asked me if I had any interest in her in October. There was a little, but I didn’t really want to date someone on my team.

But the more I got to know her, the more I liked her. And as I prayed about it, I felt like God kept opening doors and drawing me to her. We had to make a business trip together, and I experienced a lot of grace from her and had a lot of fun with her. I also discovered there was a guy she was kinda interested in.

But he didn’t step up… I prayed and realized the nly reason I wasn’t asking her out was fear. I asked God “Why can’t I ask out a girl who likes me?” Still i knew i liked her and God answered a prayed for an opportunity for just the two of us to talk and i asked her out.

After a couple days she gave me an answer that God told her not to fear and she would go out with me. We began spending a lot of time with each other, even before our first official date. We went out on 4 dates in 9 days and saw each other every day- and often for extended periods of time for 2 weeks. I also discovered God indeed allowed me to ask out a girl who liked me!

Our relationship progressed quickly. Less than 2 weeks after our first date, I wrote in a journal how I was feeling about Soo and was ready to marry her.

She is a godly woman. She is a servant and has great compassion on others. She has a huge heart for the world, serves God, cares for others, has intimate relationship with the Lord and loves me. Oh, and she is super cute.

I began looking at rings online one day – and I thought to myself I’ve never even considered doing this before!

We came back to the states to meet her family, and after some initial good impressions, we left California with her parents attitude not having changed.

We came back to Asia and began preparing for the next year, still with hopes we could get married soon.

(continued in next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment